Coastal Resources, Inc. is an ecological consulting firm located in Annapolis, MD. We are currently looking for an Environmental Construction / Compliance Inspector with expertise in bridge, stream restoration and wetland projects. The position is full-time temporary for a minimum period of one year, which could be extended or converted to permanent based on workload. The position is benefits eligible. The ideal candidate should have an interest in and understanding of construction processes and environmental issues and practices.
- 3-5 years of environmental construction and/or inspection experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a major in Engineering, Construction Technology, Environmental Science, or other related technical field
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Experience with Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) standards and Best Management Practices (BMP’s)
- Ability to interpret construction plans and overall design intent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers
- Proficient detail-oriented writing skills
- Must be positive, flexible, and customer-service oriented
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- General experience with environmental issues and practices
- Experience with bridge, stream restoration and stormwater management projects
- Experience with wetland and forest impacts
- Experience with project documentation
- A proven track record of working with construction contractors and governmental agencies
- Certifications: MDE Responsible Personnel and SHA Yellow Card
- Scheduling and cost estimating experience
- Experience coordinating with clients, including federal, state and local agencies
Competitive salary and benefits package. EEO. No phone calls, please. Email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.