Coastal Resources, Inc. is currently looking for an Environmental Compliance and Permitting Specialist. The position will work with an interdisciplinary scientific and engineering team and will coordinate and implement permitting and data management efforts related to natural resource permitting for public projects in the areas of transportation, stormwater management, and stream restoration. The position will require some field work to complete environmental inventories/assessments of natural resources.
- 3 + years of environmental compliance and permitting experience in Clean Water Act Section 401 and 404 permitting
- Bachelors (BA or BS) in a biological or environmental sciences field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience coordinating with clients, including federal, state and local agencies
- Knowledge of Maryland regulatory/permitting standards, requirements, directives and legislations, specifically the JPA process
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
- Experience with GIS mapping and environmental inventories/assessments of natural resources
- Experience with wetland, waters of the US and forest impacts and determination of permits required
- Maryland State Highway Administration experience
- Experience with transportation and restoration projects
Competitive salary and benefits package. EEO. No phone calls please. Email cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.