Coastal Resources, Inc.
For 40 years, Coastal Resources, Inc. has been a leader in providing a wide variety of natural resources management services for the Mid-Atlantic region including Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Delaware. We are a small, woman-owned certified Minority Business Enterprise / Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MBE/DBE).
Our team includes some of the most experienced environmental professionals in the area including environmental scientists, hydrologists, wildlife biologists, environmental specialists, landscape architects, and environmental and water resources engineers. Our staff members are experts in environmental policy and have training in the latest federal, state, and local regulations and assessment methodologies.
Coastal Resources staff members are frequently called upon by regulatory agencies to provide leadership and oversight for complicated investigations, to identify solutions for big environmental problems.
Our mission is to provide outstanding expert support to our clients and to the community at large. Our operating philosophy is to do the following:
- Provide quality environmental services to clients
- Educate and inform clients enhancing understanding of regulations and requirements
- Enable clients to do business in environmentally safe manner
- Provide staff members with workplace encouraging excellence and professional development
Coastal Resources, Inc. has extensive skill researching information, conducting field investigations, and providing impact analyses for a broad range of natural resources including soils, wetlands, streams, water quality, forests, wildlife, habitats and rare, threatened and endangered species. CRI is experienced in identifying a wide variety of native plant species and assessing vegetative communities in terms of their diversity and wildlife habitat potential. Mapping and cataloging existing environmental conditions are a large part of the firm’s work. We have provided numerous public agencies and private individuals with the comprehensive view of natural resources and sensitive areas required to fully understand and address their environmental issues.
Please click on any of the following links to learn in-depth information about the services we are well qualified to perform.
- Environmental Assessments, Planning, Impact Analyses, and Documentation
- Wetland Delineation and Functional Assessment
- Wetland Mitigation and Monitoring
- Watershed Assessments
- Tidal and Nontidal Water Quality and Biological Monitoring
- Tree and Forest Conservation, Assessment, Planning, and Permitting
- Sensitive Species Surveys
- Stream Restoration and Geomorphic Assessments
- Permitting and Agency Coordination
- Environmental Construction Inspection
- Water Resources Engineering
- Landscape Architecture
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Analysis
Coastal Resources has achieved the following certifications:
- MBE/DBE/WBE Certified
- Professional Engineers licensed in Maryland and the District of Columbia
- Certified to prepare Forest Stand Delineations (FSDs) and Forest Conservation Plans (FCPs) in accordance with the Maryland Forest Conservation Act.
- Certified wetland delineators under the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) certification program
- Professional Wetland Scientists
- Licensed to perform Landscape Architecture work in Maryland and Virginia